Sunday, February 17, 2013

Church Lady

student: Hey Miss! Hey, are you one of those church goers?
me: What do you mean by"church goers"?
student: Do you go like every week?
me: I try to. Do you mind if I ask you why you asked me that?
student: Cause you know, you are like those people that go to church a lot, always happy.
me: That is an interesting observation.

     I wasn't always as happy and content as I am right now. A big part of that has to do with finding a church home that was and still is a good fit for me. I enjoy going and taking my kids. Everyone there seems to be there because they genuinely enjoy it. Nobody tries to sneak out early before the service is over. When it is time to share a sign of peace you get a hug or handshake from half the congregation (that can take a little while). Our church does a lot of mission work and community projects. People give and help because they want to, not because they feel guilty or pressured. Listening to the scripture and sermon help me kind of mentally check and balance myself as the week begins.

    I went a long time in life not attending church regularly. My thinking was, if I have faith in God, then  it should not matter where I pray. Now I understand the difference between just having faith and acting out that faith. Finding the right church was an important part of that for me. I believe that every person has their own relationship with God and will develop it in their own time. Right now I am thankful that I have a place that my kids and I enjoy going to and learning at.

    Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -Isaiah 40:31


Copywrite Mrs.PJ 2013
Feeding ducks at the park this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Rendered & Renewed.