Thursday, March 28, 2013

renewed look and lesson plan ideas

        Welcome back to rendered and renewed!  Sorry it has been about a week since my last post. I was waiting to reveal the new look for R&R and I didn't want to post while it was "under construction." After many attempts to redo the banner myself I finally went to Banner Booth, which is probably what I should have done in the first place. I always want to try to do everything myself and sometimes it is just better to let someone with more expertise take over. I hope that you like the clean new look. I guess this was my first spring cleaning project.
         I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I just want to reclaim my home and workspace from the clutter. We already refreshed the flower bed and vegetable gardens over spring break. I have been working on purging my desk of excessive stuff that seems to pile up. Even though the weather is still a little cool I am ready to pack up our winter clothes. I have been revamping a lot of my lesson plans at work.
         I know we still have about two months of school left, but already I am getting into that thought process, "Okay, next year I need to ........."  I am consolidating lesson plans, making digital backups of all of my stuff, searching for new resources to incorporate into next year. By the way, I am way better at planning lessons and executing them then grading them. That is one of the reasons why my desk accumulates clutter. It is mostly work I need to grade. I will get it done, I promise. In the meantime I am enjoying beefing up my lesson plans for next year. Here are some of my favorite teacher blogs:
  • The Geography Ladyhttp://texasgeography.wordpress.com/  - Clearly this website was designed with her students in mind, but it is chock full of Geography content that other teachers can incorporate into their classes (um, I mean mine). It looks like this Lady has been blogging for quite some time about her adventures in the classroom and in her real world travels. She has posted lot's of great stuff here that you can spend way too much time perusing. 
  • Dandelions and Dragonflieshttp://dandelionsdragonflies.blogspot.com/ - She blogs about teaching a way younger group than what I do, but I love what she does. She always has creative and fun ideas to share including photo's of her very coordinated classroom. This blog is one of the ones that inspired me to start my own. Even if you don't teach, I encourage you to check this one out. 
  •  Edna Sacksonhttp://whatedsaid.wordpress.com/about-2/ - Ms. Sackson is an education expert in Australia and I love reading her posts. She is very active in teaching and leading other teachers and I appreciate that she shares her insights with the rest of the world. It is interesting to see that teachers halfway around the world are facing the same challenges we do here in the United States. 
       If you like those and are looking for more then just check out my page for teachers by clicking on the previous orange text or the link in the left hand column. There are not detailed descriptions there, so it is kind of like a treasure hunt. Most of the things posted to that page are sites that I use on a regular basis, so if you have any questions about them let me know. If you are spring cleaning or planning ahead I hope your end results are what you aim for. 

Take care,
Mrs. PJ

     

Don't forget you can subscribe to Rendered & Renewed by putting your e-mail into the box in the side column. If you like what you read, please rate R&R by clicking on the button below. Thanks so Much!

Top Mommy Blogs - Visit Top Mommy Blogs to vote for my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Rendered & Renewed.