Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mommy, you feed the baby?

www.renderedandrenewed.com
With your boobies?   If reading about breast feeding makes you squeemish then you can stop reading now.  I think that if more women openly talked about nursing, the ups and downs, then more women would be open to nursing. Just like every pregnancy is different, so is every nursing relationship. I nursed my son until he was just over a year old. The little girl is almost seven months old and we are still going strong. Well, sort of. She has an ear infection and I have a sinus infection and we both feel like poop. Over the past week my production has dropped drastically. Literally I was producing half of what I needed to. We had to supplement for the first time with formula while she was at daycare Thursday and Friday.
I felt guilty and stressed which I think just made the situation worse. Mr. PJ started complaining that the formula was making the baby smell funny. I went to my midwife, got on antibiotics for the sinus infection, and she loaded me up on herbal remedies to increase the milk output. The four fixes you see pictured above with the advice to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. My nose is still runny, but the milk is back!  I won't know how much for sure until I have to pump tomorrow at work, but I can tell the difference just nursing her. Hopefully it is not just my optimistic imagination.
It is not easy being a nursing mom and working mom all at the same time. I feel like if I can't be with my baby during the day, at least I can send her to school with milk made just for her. That means I have to pump three times during the day. On my conference period, lunch and after school you can find me locked in a little conference room, hooked up to that crazy pump. It can be a hassle, but it is totally worth it.


Click here to read the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Rendered & Renewed.